We think we are passionate, authentic, enthusiastic, down to earth, friendly, a little bit ingenious, innovative, and we strive to support each other. We are very proud of the culture of transparency and sustainability we have here at Tumblar.
We Are Tumblar
Operations Manager Lucy, says that Kiwi heritage, diverse range of products and always trying to re-invest itself to meet customer needs, attracted her to joining Tumblar.
Jess has been working at Tumblar for over 7 years, and really likes that Tumblar is very innovative and tries new things.
Machine Operator Norma says that Tumblar has a very supportive culture across all functions.
Our summer intern Joshua who is focusing on sustainability projects, has chosen to work at Tumblar due to Tumblar’s innovative approach and company values.
Joshua is currently studying at University of Canterbury, NZ
Robert who runs the technical lab loves Tumblar’s family culture and welcoming environment.
Tumblar Company values have been developed and designed by our Tumblar crew themselves, and hold a special meaning amongst the team.
We hold ourselves accountable to our customers, teams and stakeholders by honouring our commitments, delivering results and constantly pursuing excellence in everything we do.
We are about results, we innovate to thrive, challenge with passion
We take responsibility for our actions and are accountable for the outcomes
We want to be the safest factory in the world
We can experience joy while we achieve
We love who we are, we respect others and we are one team
We want to have a positive impact on people and our planet.
culture of progress & development
Tumblar Products has an embedded culture of supportive and flexible management, all committed to the wellbeing of staff and growth of the company.
- We believe that a supportive environment, where there is space made for employee development and personal progression, plays an important part in what makes us unique.
- We think of ourselves as being easy going, friendly and respectful. Our team are supported to be adaptable, energetic and enthusiastic in all that they do, everyone has the opportunity to contribute and to be heard.
For many years, Tumblar has offered a wide range of employment opportunities across Production, Logistics, Engineering, and specialist technical support.
Opportunities are available for those who bring with them relevant experience as well as those just starting on their career journey.
Wherever possible Tumblar seeks to support staff in their personal and professional goals, it is important to us that anyone who has an ambition to grow in their role is given the opportunity to do so.
Training and Careers
Contract manufacturing offers a range of opportunities that many may not expect. Wherever you start in with us you will have the chance to plot a course for your future.
Those joining into operational teams are given hands-on extensive training with experienced and senior staff. You do not have to have experience in production or manufacturing to get a foot in the door with us.
The 10 Main reasons to work at Tumblar
Our Values that we live everyday.
Supportive and excellent culture.
Open and collaborative leadership.
Ability to learn through new projects.
Diverse range of products we manufacture.
Exposure to exciting projects.
The learning opportunities.
OUR SUSTAINABILIty & ZERO HARM PROMISE
To Tumblar, sustainability means not only being environmentally sustainable, but also includes the safety of our people, sustainable growth, continuous improvement in all areas of our supplier and customer engagements and ensuring we have a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Central to our sustainability approach is our Zero Harm philosophy, which at Tumblar it means supporting the health and safety of our people, minimizing environmental impacts and supporting the community.
Our business is founded on the deeply held value of Zero Harm.
As it applies to safety, we remain focused on ensuring that all of our people return home safely to their families at the end of their working day.
Learn about Tumblar H&S
We firmly believe that any injury or disease is unacceptable and preventable. In everything we do, the health and safety of our people and communities is always our top priority.
At Tumblar we are proud of having an established and transparent safety culture. Achieving Zero Harm requires strong leadership and relentless commitment and accountability by all employees.
Click Here to learn more
We work to achieve this through:
- Setting clear policies, protocols and guidelines to ensure compliance
- Living our Values every day
- Learning from our experiences
- Setting clear policies, protocols and guidelines, ensure their compliance
- Two-way engagement with our team focusing on a message of personal commitment, active caring, critical risk management, control effectiveness, and data analysis.
- Making sure that all Tumblar employees at all levels are actively involved and accountable for their actions
- Continuing to improve and simplify our management systems to support the way we work
- Our on-going focus on managing risks that have the potential to cause harm to our people or the community
Our commitment to Sustainability as an Employer
We are also aligned to United Nations Global Sustainability Development Goals, and as an employer have established specific initiatives that demonstrate our purposeful commitment to sustainability when it comes to our people.
- Engagement with all relevant legislation that ensures we are meeting our obligations as an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Emphasis on cultural diversity and meaningful inclusion, currently we have over 15 different cultures represented in our team
- A focus and understanding on what gender diversity can bring to the table, with over half our senior management positions currently held by women
- A belief that age is no barrier to success, with opportunities and roles fulfilled by those entering the job market for the first time right through to those over the age of 65
- Annual recruitment of those still in study, providing interesting and meaningful real-world experience to those interested in specific projects or practices
- Regular and ongoing investment in staff training, including recent site-wide role out of Level 2 NZQA Qualification in Manufacturing, as well as bespoke career focussed support and future planning
- Regular onsite visits from trained independent professional support services, as well as free and private access to counselling 24/7
- Annual health monitoring for all staff
- An annual staff Wellbeing program that includes small things like providing free fresh fruit to staff, through to wider team initiatives raising awareness of Wellbeing topics throughout the year
- Regular shared meals and staff get-togethers allowing us to reflect on our successes as a team and our goals for the future